AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WEDNESDAY JANUARY 29: SNOW COMING TOMORROW


3 inches of snow in Atlanta:  The whole city has ground to a halt.
 
A NOTE AND PICTURE FROM PAUL: "I calibrated my t-stat.  It read about 10F low so it's only about -32F.  Still cold."

(I didn't know Paul had a "t-stat". I don't even know what a "t-stat" is.  Must be some sort of Norwegian thing, I think."  I wonder if he should even have something like that at his age.  I think someone older, with more "t-stat" experience, would have calibrated it correctly.)

 
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS A SENSE OF HUMOR!

 
 
 
I always like a good chicken joke
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
OPRAH!
60 TODAY!
 
 
 ANOTHER REASON FOR A SUMMER VACATION IN DEADWOOD

 
 
 
KNOW ANYONE FLYING TO EUROPE TODAY?
They're in for a frustrating day.  European air traffic controllers are on strike.  Flights to Rome, Milan, Venice and Lisbon are, particularly, late or cancelled.
 
Too bad we're not birds.  Look at the air traffic these little guys have to deal with and they do it with no controllers at all!
 
HERE IS SOME AMAZING VIDEO


 
Tracking the flight patterns of birds
 



TODAY IS SEEING EYE DOG DAY

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER