AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, January 31, 2014

FRIDAY, JANUARY 31: IT'S DOLLY'S BIRTHDAY!

One of the great ladies who I had the pleasure of serving when I worked at the airport is celebrating her 93rd birthday today and Miss Carol Channing is still goin' strong!

We can't get rid of the cold.  Even with some sunshine, today, we won't get much warmer than 10 degrees with wind chills as low as 14 below.  Temperatures will stay in the teens through the weekend with overnight temperatures below zero.  I keep thinking this has GOT to end.  But, I'm beginning to wonder.  Will I ever be warm again?

WORDS TO LIVE BY.
.
 
 
HUH???  Does this look good to you??
 
Actress Minnie Driver celebrates her 44th birthday today.  I wonder if somewhere, in this big wide world, there's a Maxie Driver.  What if he married Minnie.  You'd have a Minnie and Maxie Driver.  What a couple! 
 
Sometimes I think I have too much time on my hands.
 

DAMN THE LUCK.  Wouldn't you know, with all the lousy weather we've had, the forecast for Sunday is a sunny sky.  That's terrible news because, by my calendar, Sunday is GROUNDHOG DAY and if it's sunny the groundhog will pop out of his hole, see his shadow, and dive back, underground, for another six weeks of winter sleep.  I can't think of anything worse than six more weeks of winter.

I need someone, more Norwegian than I am, to explain what the hell this means......
 


Just what we need.  More snow.
.
LIGHT SNOW IS EXPECTED TONIGHT INTO SATURDAY MORNING. SNOWFALLWILL RANGE FROM 1/2 INCH ALONG THE INTERSTATE 90 CORRIDOR TO AROUND AN INCH OVER PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST IOWA INTO FAR SOUTHWEST WISCONSIN.

WOW!  Here's a deal for you! 


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER