AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, January 05, 2014

SUNDAY JANUARY 5: THE SERIOUSLY COLD WEATHER HAS ARRIVED




ANOTHER COLD GAME DAY:


I took the garbage out today but I didn't venture any farther.  That was all the cold I needed.
 
More cold air will move down from Minnesota tonight bringing wind chills to 50 below zero tonight.
 
I may try to run to the store tomorrow but I won't spend too much time outside.
 
I rode downstairs with a Holmen teacher who lives here.  She said they closed the schools there for tomorrow and she thinks they closed the La Crosse schools too. 

This is, exactly, the kind of crap I think about in the morning before I get dressed for the day.


BEST TWEET OF THE MORNING:

.
 
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE
REMEMBER YOUR PETS 

To celebrate bird day here's a talented bird you may not have seen (or heard) before.  It's a lyre bird.
 

And, we can't have bird day without a bird joke.
 
A bird lover told her priest that she had two talking parrots and they only knew how to say, "Hi!  We're prostitutes, do you want to have some fun?"
 
The priest was shocked but told the lady he had a solution to her problem.  He said, "I have two male parrots and I've taught them to pray the Rosary.  Bring your two parrots over here and I'll put them in the cage with my parrots.
 
The lady brought the two female birds over and they put them in the cage with the males.  Immediately, the two females said, "Hi!  We're prostitutes.  Do you want to have some fun?"
 
One male parrot looked at the other male parrot and said, "Throw the beads away.  Our prayers have been answered."

 
This will be a quiet day at home for me.  I'm totally tuckered after yesterdays social whirl.
 
I went to lunch at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine with Paul and Dorothy and we had such a nice visit.
 
They were just back from a trip to Colorado and had lots of nice pictures of the home Friend bought in Colorado Springs with a view of Pikes Peak, no less.
 
Then it was dinner at Arctic Spring with Carl, Kathy, Rita and Roger to celebrate Carl's birthday which is actually today, by the way.  It's amazing how well he's aged.  He doesn't look a day over 75.
TODAY IS
 
This is a really neat, short, video about bunnies and wolves.

Here's my tip of the day.
 
 




No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER