AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, December 19, 2013

HAPPY REGIFTING DAY

Joan Rivers has a cute dog.


Do you realize that a week from today Christmas will be history?  It will be here and gone before we know it!

The snow is coming down in Rapid City.  Duane says, "The decks are already covered.  They predict one to three inches."

Another big winter storm is heading for the Great Lakes area this weekend.
*******
The FIRST CASE OF FLU IN LA CROSSE COUNTY has been confirmed by Gunderson Clinic.  It's still not too late to get your flu shot.

Yes, kids!  It's a real holiday.
Regifting day is held on the Thursday before Christmas and it's the day that a lot of businesses pick to have their Christmas party.  That's the party that usually ends up with, at least, one person making a complete ass of themselves and being ashamed to come back to work the next day.

In my radio days I was the one who always made an ass of himself but I was never embarrassed to be back at work the next day.  I was expected to make an ass of myself.  It was tradition.

LOOK WHO'S HAVING A BIRTHDAY Little Jimmy Dickens is Little old Jimmy Dickens today as he turns 90.  He'll always be best remembered for this little classic.

Rita bought a lottery ticket.  2 folks had the winning numbers.  Neither one was named Rita.  Shit.

They've got to be kidding.  I'm sorry but that's one very goofy picture.

Oh, yes....Texas does have some beautiful sunsets.

From Fort Worth #dfwwx RT @tjoelchris: @TxStormChasers Those high clouds turned out pretty darn gorgeous! #txwx pic.twitter.com/d8KqpyuEd6
\\\
 
I was sitting here, this morning, sipping coffee out of my cream of lutefisk cup and I couldn't help thinking, What kind of person could it have been to first think, "Ya know, I think I'll throw this piece of fish into a bowl of salt water for a week, then I'll pour some lye over it and let it sit for another couple of days and then I'll put it in my mouth and see what the sucker tastes like."  How could any one, possibly, think of such an insane idea?
 
I'm sure you heard about the guy who had a family of raccoons living under his house.  He tried everything to get rid of them.  When nothing else worked he threw some old stinky fish that he had accidently dropped in a bucket of lye,  under the house.  Sure enough, he got rid of the raccoons but now he's got a family of Norwegians living under the house.
 
 
Besides Regifting Day, this is National hard candy day.  Since I can't eat chocolate anymore I've started popping a Werthers hard candies in my mouth when I want something sweet.  Now, I'm hooked on them.  They're really good!

"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."  Mark Twain
 
 
 MORE MISERABLE WEATHER:  The Forecast calls for SNOW TONIGHT.  1 to 3 inches could cause some driving problems..


 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER