AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

YAHOO!
PICKS THE
MOST EXCITING CITIES IN
THE U.S.A.
If you haven't see the list yet TAKE A LOOK HERE
 
It's a surprising list.  They pick Oakland, California as the #1 exciting city.  Aunt Jessie and Uncle Ted lived in Oakland when I was living in San Francisco so I got to Oakland quite a few times.  I didn't see anything very exciting then but that was a hundred years ago so things may have changed.
 
I was also surprised to see Milwaukee at #7.  The only thing I've ever seen in Milwaukee is the airport during an unscheduled landing due to wing icing.  Still I have to wonder.  Austin, Texas doesn't show up at all.  I've been to Austin and I can't believe that Milwaukee is more exciting than Austin or Los Angeles which didn't make the list either.
 
Maybe "excitement" is in the eye of the beholder.  Whoever made the list should have been around when I was living in Deadwood back in the early '60's.  Back in those days, if it was illegal or exciting we had it in Deadwood.  Aaah, for the good old days!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER