AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, May 09, 2013

COMPANY COMING
Rita and Roger have company coming from Wyoming.  Rick and Angela arrive Saturday and will be here for a week.
 
Whenever I think of Wyoming, I think of Lusk.  Driving through that town, with friends, years ago, and I do mean many years ago, on the way to Denver, we were shot at by a group of drunk cowboys, out on the sidewalk, in front of a bar.
 
They were so drunk they couldn't have hit the broadside of a barn but, needless to say, Denver seemed pretty tame after that.
 
Another time we were sitting at a bar in Beulah, Wyoming and a drunk cowboy brought his mule into the bar for a drink.  No, that's not the opening line of a joke.  A drunk cowboy actually brought his mule into the bar for  a drink.
 
I have fond memories of Wyoming....and of bars.  In fact, if you want to hear bar stories, I've got a million of 'em!


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER