AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, March 03, 2013

DONNIE DINES

Sounds like Donnie went gourmet for lunch.

"I carry a list of eateries, in the car, that I have seen recommended here or there.  With lots of time to kill I went in search for a couple.

I found a place that was nothing more than a neighborhood convenience store, and a rather shabby one, populated by a bunch of scruffy characters in many sizes and shapes.  The kitchen was an open corner behind a make-shift counter with hand lettered menu's.

Typically true to keeping Austin weird, the burger was excellent!  As advertised, all-natural, grass fed beef in a nicely crisp sourdough bun.  There was Heinz 57 and A-1 set out on the run-down tables which added nicely to the steak flavor.  All the class was in the food, none in the ambiance.

Just down the street I found "Lick", a designer ice cream shop featuring never before seen flavors.  I tried dark chocolate with sea salt and olive oil...delicious."

That ice cream sounds like it might be as "tasty" as lutefisk!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER