AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, February 18, 2013

ANGER

I'm sorry to see anyone lose their job but it's hard to feel too sorry for the 60 year old man who slapped a 2 year old child (that wasn't his) on a flight from Atlanta to Minneapolis.

I read, this morning, that the man is no longer employed by AGC Aerospace and Defense, Composites Group where he was an EXECUTIVE, no less!  A company spokesman says the mans actions were "offensive and disturbing".

Back in my younger days, when I flew a lot, something like that happening on a flight would have been unthinkable.

Where did we go wrong?  The pent up anger in this country is "troubling" to say the least.

1 comment:

det said...

On the other hand, there is no greater torture than having to listen to a screaming child, especially in a confined space. I used to say I enjoyed hearing a kid cry because I figured it was learning something about life. But now there are so many of them, I'm less sympathetic. The slapping culprit here cannot be forgiven, but the question is, what were the parents doing about the crying child? (Or what is the church doing!?) Everywhere we go we see parents letting their children run wild, with no discipline for the kids and no respect for other adults. Almost every time we go out in public I hear Linda say "If I had behaved like that my parents would have slapped me silly." I'm not for slapping kids, by strangers or parents. I am for slapping adults. You are right--there is a disturbing amount of discourtesy, incivility, disrespect, anger and hatred in the land.

LA CROSSE WEATHER