AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, March 26, 2012

STAY AWAY FROM ME~~I DON'T LIKE ANYTHING

DONNIE REPORTS ON HIS LATEST DISCOVERY
Spent the morning at the bookstore reading news magazines.  I learned of a new "app" that would enable your cellphone or iphone to alert you when you are near a person who shares your interests.
For example, I program my phone with the fact that I like Fats Domino.  The phone will then buzz (or, perhaps play "Blueberry Hill") when I am within a certain distance of another person who has also programmed an appreciation for Fats Domino.  What this is supposed to accomplish is not yet clear to me.
I keep thinking there must be a limit on the usefulness of technology.  Of course, how much these things actually improve life remains to be seen.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER