AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

JUST GOT BACK FROM FESTIVAL

Everybody is stunned by this brutal cold snap that abruptly brought an end to our mild winter.  And, mild it has been.

I just paid my electric bill and they always have the average temperature, for the last 30 days as compared to the same period last year.  I found it interesting this month.

Last year from mid-December to mid-January the average temperature was 17 degrees.  This year it was 30 degrees.  17 degrees warmer this year than last.

I think this cold snap feels colder than it really is because we've been spoiled.  And, as I've said before, we're more than half way through January and this is the first REAL taste of winter we've had.  We just have February, the short month, to get through and by March we're pretty much home free.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER