AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, December 18, 2011

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY!

44 degrees with sunshine when I walked over to the library this afternoon.  There are big puddles of water from the melting snow that will, of course, turn to ice skating rinks by morning.  I don't think I'll venture out too early.

This beautiful weather, with more than half of December already gone, is sure going to shorten winter this year.  January and February might be rough but by March we'll be looking at seed catalogs again.  When I was a kid a year was forever.  Now, a blink of the eye and it's gone.

By the way, while I was at the library, I checked today's edition of the La Crosse Tribune and found the tribute to Rita announcing her retirement after 41 years at Gunderson.  There were two beautiful color pictures of her one as a young sexy thing and the other as............an old sexy thing.

Roger put it in the paper but kept it a secret from Rita so I'll be anxious to hear what her reaction was when she saw it.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER