AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

LOONY TUNE LAUNDRY DAY

Some days start out better than others.  Today was one of the others.

I put a load of clothes in the wash and didn't notice there wasn't enough money on the card to run the dryer until the water was pouring into the machine to start the wash.

You can only load our laundry cards with a $5.00, $10.00 or $20.00 bill.  The only cash I had in my billfold was 5 one dollar bills.

I thought to myself...."Self!  Maybe Rita has a $5.00 bill she could drop off on the way to work."  Then I remembered.  She's almost like the rest of us now.  She doesn't work anymore.

I hadn't planned on taking a walk until the sun was up but I had no choice.  I got the clothes on and went down to the bank and got some cash out of the ATM.

Then I stopped at Kwik Trip and got two doughnuts and two lemons.  The doughnuts for breakfast and the lemons for the chicken I have in the crockpot and I got a $5.00 bill to finish the laundry.

The day has hardly started and I'm, already, all worn out.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER