AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, October 01, 2011

BOY! HOW THE TIMES CHANGE


I had to chuckle, this morning, about another story in the La Crosse Tribune about a competition the grade school kids are having in which they can earn points for walking to school.

Back in the days, when I was in grade school, you either walked or you didn't get there at all.  As I recall, we didn't get points for anything.

The story brought back memories of how mad Gladys would get when she saw Dad and I walking to school. He was going to work at the high school, upstairs, and I was going to school at the grade school downstairs.

Dad and I would walk past the Nelson house wearing light jackets that were, usually, not even buttoned up and we never got a cold or the flu. Gladys, on the other hand, would bundle up Jeff and Kathy with so many clothes they could hardly walk and they'd be sick with a cold or flu from October to May.

Now, we've gone from the simpler days of old to the outrageous days of now...with a bit of help from the freaky Fox folks. Blowing a sneeze into a circus

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER