AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, September 26, 2011

HAPPY JOHNNY APPLESEED DAY

I eat quite a few apples. I got some really good organic Granny Smith's at Co-op the other day. I don't usually pay any attention to organic but I've heard that they use so many chemical sprays, etc. on apples that they're one of the most contaminated fruits on the market. So, I went with the organic and they were very good.

By the way, I don't think it's true that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. If I had any more doctors they could incorporate as a small city.

I liked this medical stuff better when we were kids. We had one doctor and he knew everything there was to know about everything. And, if we were sick, we didn't have to make an appointment and go to a clinic. We called Doc Redding and he was at our front door in 15 minutes.

I'm thinking that might not be a bad way of doing things. When Donnie and I were back in Marion, a few years ago, old Doc Redding was still up and about, looking great and pushing 100. He must have been doing something right.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER