AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, July 24, 2011

NO PARKING

I see nearly all of the apartments have been rented in the new Grand River Station transit center.  All of the retail space, however, sits empty and I keep hearing that the biggest problem is the lack of parking.  I find that very difficult to believe when there's a FOUR STORY PARKING RAMP RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET.

They had no problem renting the apartments and the waiting list for downtown apartments continues to grow.  That would indicate, to me, that if so many people want to LIVE downtown they might like to SHOP downtown too.

I remember when my friends Paul and Davy opened Minerva's Restaurant MINERVAS in downtown Sioux Falls.  Everyone said they were crazy.  They predicted they'd be out of business in a year because there was "no parking downtown".  That was more than 30 years ago.  Not only is their downtown location still doing great business, they have expanded into several states with more restaurants.

If you have a good product, the folks will come.  If you have a lousy product and don't know the meaning of "service" you can always use the "no parking" excuse for your failure.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER