AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Donnie is hurting this morning.

"I woke at 2:00 with a headache, of the sinus variety.  This often happens when the weather changes, high to low pressure and vice versa.  I casually thought our months of sunny heat might break, and looked at the report--sure enough, rain chance up to 30%, the highest we've seen in months.  That doesn't mean it will rain.  In my record-keeping here, 30% most often means 0%.  We have had 100% predictions turn up dry.  So it seems more accurate just to apply the "chance of rain" numbers to my head--I do indeed have a 30% headache.

Because my headaches seem so pressure-realted, I have always thought they are "sinus" and not migraine.  But I recently saw a news item that some sources now consider sinus headaches to be migraines.  Whatever it's called, they hurt, though not nearly as badly as in earlier years, when I was often laid up for 12 hours, and wanted to die."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER