AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Blue Stars blew me away!!

I had heard they were good but, except for knowing that the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps was based in La Crosse, I knew nothing about the group.  So I was SHOCKED by what I saw and heard this afternoon.

There are 150 performers that make up the Blue Stars and they come from all over the United States plus three foreign countries this year.  There were 600 that auditioned for this years tour so the 150 that you see are the best of the bunch and they are outstanding.


They perform here in La Crosse tomorrow night and in Minneapolis Sunday night.  Following that they do 2 shows in Illinois and one in Arkansas before moving on to Texas for a show in The Woodlands July 21, Houston July 22, San Antonio July 23 and Dallas July 25 and then on to Mississippi.




If you'd like to learn more about the group, this is their website http://www.bluestars.org/


By the way....The rain held off until the end of the show.  It was about the last note when I felt the first sprinkle.  I was smart enough to take the umbrella and it was just a light, gentle shower so I was still dry when I got back home.


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER