AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, May 16, 2014

DONNIE IS, SAFELY, IN SOUTH DAKOTA THIS MORNING

"Reached Chamberlain by 1:30 (Thursday afternoon).  Cold all the way.  Mid 40's and a painful north wind.  I got out of the car only briefly.
 
By mid-Dakota the sky had cleared but the temp never reached 60.
 
I visited the South Dakota Hall of Fame and an excellent Indian Museum at St. Joseph Indian School.
 
The Lewis and Clark "Interpretive Center" doesn't open, for the season until Saturday.
 
Early evening, I was the only diner in the only café on Main Street but I got a delicious Steak.
 
Both Mitchell and Chamberlain look far more "developed" and busy than I remember them ever being.  Several new and nice lodges on the river in Chamberlain.
 
I came over here to find an "exotic" golf course above Pierre, but it will be too cold to play.  All I can do tomorrow is drive up there, take a look, then turn around and head south for home."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER