AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, January 20, 2014

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE, YOUR WEATHER IS BETTER THAN OUR WEATHER IS!

TOO COLD
I did my outside stuff early today and then I came home where I plan to stay until it warms up.  The problem with that plan is that, at my age, I don't know if I have enough time left until it warms up again.  From what they tell me it won't be any time soon.
 
HOW MUCH SHIT
IS TOO MUCH SHIT?
I started a new book, today, by brain scientist and author Jeff Stibel.  He mentioned an interesting statistic which has had my mind in overdrive all afternoon trying to imagine just how awful the smell must have been in New York.
 
He relates that in the early 1800's there were about 200,000 horses in New York City that people needed for transportation.  The city estimated that each one of those horses left, on the streets, about 24 pounds of manure and a quart of urine each and every day.
 
The city was growing so fast that the folks in city hall feared they would need a lot more horses in the next 20 years which would leave the "Big Apple" knee deep in shit.
 
Fortunately, the underground railroads and the automobile came along before the horse problem got that bad.  I keep thinking, however, that what they already had, would have been too much bad for me to take.
 
I wonder how many horses they had in La Crosse in the early 1800's?
 
FLU DEATHS
Two expectant mothers, in Wisconsin, have died from the flu.  Neither one had gotten a flu shot.

COLD WEATHER NO MORE!
I could sure take a day like this right now!


 
 
PENGUIN AWARENESS DAY
Tell me you can look at this face without falling in love!


 WE ARE NOW UNDER A WIND CHILL ADVISORY FROM MIDNIGHT, TONIGHT, TO NOON ON TUESDAY.
 
WE EXPECT WIND CHILLS OF 25 TO 35 BELOW ZERO TOMORROW MORNING.
 
 
 
 
 
BLUE LAVA???
 



 

PARADE
The oldest Martin Luther King Day parade is in Houston.



 
A GOOD FISH STORY
 

 



What do Donnie  Linda and Brad & and Angelina have in common?

They both have a house for sale! 

(Well, they don't really have that in common because Brad has already sold his house.)

 You've seen pictures of Donnie and Linda's house but have you seen Brad and Angelina's?

CLICK HERE AND TAKE A PEEK

Arte Johnson (from Laugh-In) is enjoying a long life.

He's celebrating his 85th happy birthday today!


 
 THE NEW HOSPITAL IS OPEN
They moved about a hundred patients into the new Legacy Building at Gunderson yesterday.  I haven't see the inside of the building, yet, but I have a feeling I, probably, will see it before I die!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER