AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, December 14, 2013

WHO WANTS TO TASTE MY GRASSHOPPER PIE?

Nick and Jayden went to a TSO concert.  Rita wanted to know what a TSO was. It stands for Trans-Siberia Orchestra and to say their shows are "spectacular" is the understatement of the year.  This version of "Carol of the Bells" will give you an idea.


A NEW DUSTING OF SNOW IN LA CROSSE THIS MORNING

2 LIFTS OPEN AT MT. LA CROSSE TODAY
Today is MONKEY DAY so let me know if you want to "monkey around".

Old farts don't know enough to stay home!Here's an interesting statistic:
According to the U.S. Travel Association, 21% of all leisure travelers are 67 or older.


I sure do miss Thunder after watching this video!


KATHY GAVE ME A SUBSCRIPTION TO "TASTE OF HOME" MAGAZINE and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  Love that magazine.  They've got some of be BEST recipes and I, immediately, found one that I have to try.

It's a recipe for FROZEN GRASSHOPPER PIE made with REAL Crème de menthe and real crème de cacao!!!  I'm thinking I could, probably, eat the whole thing by myself!!

It just so happens that they also have the recipe on their website So CLICK HERE and I'll share it with you.




THANKS TO DANIEL!
THANKS TO GOOGLE CHROME!
I'm still stumbling around with this new computer and the new WINDOWS 8 which is still driving me up the wall.

I threw me a curve today when, suddenly, it decided that it could no longer support my Yahoo! Calendar.  I have used that calendar for years and, practically, my whole life in on that calendar.  All my medical appointments, birthdays, anniversaries and LOTS of reminders.  I was frantic.  Without that calendar, I'm dead in the water.

I tried everything.  Daniel gave me some ideas, and I learned a few things while trying them out but that didn't solve the problem either.

At my wits end, I finally installed GOOGLE CHROME as my primary browser and, guess what!  My Yahoo! calendar is back and all my other sites are loading faster than ever.

Thanks Google Chrome!  I'll never use another browser again!!!
This is for Dorothy, Donnie and I.  The rest of you won't understand.

So, it wasn't cold enough in Norway so he took a trip to the South Pole?  That's a Norwegian for you!  Roald Amundsen discovered the South Pole on December 14, 1911.



SPEAKING OF SNOW & STUFF
I know we have some Ashland fans in the audience.


THIS IS NEAT--I LIKE IT!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER