AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, December 09, 2013

BABY, IT'S TOO COLD OUTSIDE

The snow has quit falling but....

THE SNOW THAT FELL SUNDAY INTO SUNDAY NIGHT HAS RESULTED IN SLICK TRAVEL CONDITIONS THIS MORNING. ALTHOUGH THE SNOW HAS ENDED ROADS, ESPECIALLY SECONDARY ONES, MAY BE SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY THIS MORNING.

INCREASING WEST WINDS TODAY WILL RESULT IN PATCHY BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW IN OPEN AREAS AND ALONG RIDGE TOPS. THE BRISK WEST WIND WILL ALSO CREATE COLD WIND CHILLS.
 
 
The National Weather Service says the snowfall we've had this month is about normal for December in La Crosse.  The temperature, however, is a different story.

Our December temperatures are running about 20 degrees below normal for La Crosse.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRK DOUGLAS
97 Today.


Displaying phonebooks.jpg

I got a kick out of this photo Donnie sent.  This was when he lived in Washington D.C. and he had just received his phone book(s).
 
His comment was, "When is the last time you used a phone book?" 
 
That's just what I have been thinking the past couple of weeks.  About every other day I receive a new phone book laying in front of my door.  I now have three or four phone books of various sizes.  One, I guess, for every occasion.
 
I don't know when I last used a phone book but I'm sure it was years ago.  I think the last time I did use one was for the phone company or cable company or one of those idiotic  mega-corporations.  It turned out that they had so many phone numbers listed for so many different departments that I never did figure out which phone number I needed to call and, finally, gave up.
 
In any event, they leave the books and I throw them away.  They leave more books and I throw more away....thinking about the forest of trees that were cut down to carry on this insane game.


See what it says at the bottom of the Grain Belt sign?  I know my place and this is it!
 

THEY DID IT!!


This is from the BEEN THERE...DONE THAT DEPARTMENT







I had this on the blog last year but it deserves another run.



And, let's not forget.

Today is....WEARY WILLIE DAY
Emmett Kelley was born December 9, 1898.

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
If you want to make sure that all gifts get there by Christmas, you should have them in the mail by FRIDAY THE 13th.





No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER