AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, September 12, 2013

My kidney doctor says I'm good to go for another six months.

He says my blood test results look great and he complimented me on sticking to my diet.

We got to talking about diet and he was lamenting the eating habits of today's young people.  He says they have 10 year old kids coming in with type 2 and 3 diabetes, heart problems, etc.  He said they never saw that in the old days.

The junk food and fast food joints are taking their toll.  A lot of the schools are removing the bad stuff from their vending machines but, unfortunately, they kids are learning their eating habits at home so it's a big problem as they eat their way into an early grave.

In the meantime, the tests go on.  Next stop is Imaging Services, next week, for a routine echo heart exam.  Failing kidneys cause damage to the heart and with the Terpstra history of heart disease it's best to keep an eye on it.

I've seen more doctors in the last two years than I saw in all the rest of my life.  That's the joy of getting old.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER