AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, August 02, 2013

What's in a name?

Coming home from Festival this morning I got to wondering about why the folks gave me the middle name of Douglas.  If I ever asked them I don't remember.

The only thing I can think of is that we were living in Armour when I was born and Armour is in Douglas County.  Do you think they'd name me after a county???  Wouldn't that be a little strange?

If, by chance, that's the case, we were living in Marion when Donnie was born and Marion is in Turner County so they should have named him Donald Turner Terpstra.  When I think about it, that name does have a ring to it.

It's just a good thing we weren't living in Douglas County when he was born.  He might have ended up with DDT for his initials and who would want to be named after a bug spray?

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER