AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, July 29, 2013

Save the BEER CAN HOUSE!

Back in the days when John Milkovisch was still alive his home was in a regular, modest, working class neighborhood in the Memorial Park area of Houston, Texas.  That was back in the 1970's.

Now, the Memorial Park area of town is an up-scale, trendy (very expensive) part of town with lofts and condos.  Johns old house doesn't quite fit in.  BUT, a non-profit art group now owns the house and is determined to save it as a piece of original folk art and I think it's a good thing.  It's been restored and is now open to the public.

I, often, made trips through that area when I lived in Houston and I know Donnie has visited that part of town too but I don't remember him mentioning the beer can house.  I think the next time he visits Houston he should take a few pictures.

In the meantime, here's a good video that gives you a chance to see this masterpiece of art.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER