AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Most
of our generation were HOME SCHOOLED in many
ways.
 
1. My mother taught me TO
APPRECIATE A JOB WELL
DONE
.
"If you're going to
kill each other, do it outside. I just finished
cleaning."

2. My mother taught me
RELIGION
.
"You better pray that will come out of the
carpet."

3. My father taught me about TIME
TRAVEL
.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock
you into the middle of next week!"

4. My father taught me
LOGIC
.
" Because I said so, that's
why."

5. My mother taught me MORE
LOGIC
.
"If you fall out of that swing
and break your neck, you're not going to the store with
me."

6. My mother taught me
FORESIGHT
.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case
you're in an accident."

7. My father taught me
IRONY
.
"Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry
about."

8. My mother taught me about the
science of OSMOSIS
.
"Shut
your mouth and eat your supper."

9. My mother taught me about
CONTORTIONISM
.
"Will you look at that dirt on the back of
your neck!"

10. My mother taught me about
STAMINA
.
"You'll sit there until all
that spinach is gone."

11. My mother taught me about
WEATHER
.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went
through it."

12. My mother taught me about
HYPOCRISY
.
"If I told you once, I've told you a million
times. Don't exaggerate!"

13. My father taught me the CIRCLE
OF LIFE
.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take
you out.."

14.. My mother taught me about
BEHAVIOR
MODIFICATION
.
"Stop
acting like your father!"

15. My mother taught me about
ENVY
.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in
this world who don't have wonderful parents like you
do."

16. My mother taught me about
ANTICIPATION
.
"Just wait until we get
home."

17. My mother taught me about
RECEIVING
.
"You are going
to get it from your father when you get
home!"

18. My mother taught me MEDICAL
SCIENCE
.
"If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are
going to get stuck that way."

19. My mother taught me
ESP
.
"Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you
are cold?"

20. My father taught me
HUMOR
.

"When that lawn
mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to
me."

21. My mother taught me HOW TO
BECOME AN ADULT
.
"If you
don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow
up."

22. My mother taught me
GENETICS
.
"You're just like your
father."

23. My mother taught me about my
ROOTS
.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were
born in a barn?"

24. My mother taught me
WISDOM
.
"When you get to be my age, you'll
understand.
 
25. My father taught me about
JUSTICE
.
"One day
you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you
 !"

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER