AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, August 05, 2013

You know me and airplanes.

I'm about as gung-ho for aircraft and flying as Roger is for the Packers so I could watch this video all day.

I think this one will make you sit up and take notice too.  This is the lovely island of St. Maarten, in the Caribbean, a great destination for a break from winter.

The airport on St. Maarten is virtually on the beach.  You won't believe these landings.  It's quite an experience for the folks who were hoping to spend a "quiet" day on the sand!

I also got a kick out of watching one of the take-off's, toward the end.  It's the company I used to work for.  The Logo says United but it's still the old Continental paint job with the blue tail and globe.  Watch, once he's in the air, he, virtually, climbs STRAIGHT UP to miss the mountains at the end of the runway.

Anybody want to take a flight to St. Maarten?  I do!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER