AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, July 06, 2013

DONNIE: DREAMS

Where's Freud when you need him?
Donnie had an interesting dream last night.

"Boy, had some bizarre dreams last night. Was visiting La Crosse--except the place didn't look at all like La Crosse--and I was supposed to pick you up in a.m., but wherever I was staying (and it had the look of a 1940s apartment house) lost all services--elevator broke, phones not working. 

Next thing I knew I was driving the prairies, and stopped at a farmhouse that had a small rural "post office" out front, more like a shed. 

The farmer was a policeman, who told me there was no mail. Going back to my car, I found two kids crawling out of the car window. 

Then I was in a colorful prairie town, taking pictures. It was a warm sunny day, but there was snow on the ground, which felt warm and didn't melt. A huge dust-devil rose over a lone farmhouse in a field. 

I tried to get pictures, but then forgot the camera on an outdoor wall. In a panic, I raced back and found the camera. All the while I was worried what you would be thinking, since I never could show up to fetch you for this day of adventure."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER