AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

WOW! MILWAUKEE!  Named one of the top 12 "ART PLACES" in the USA by ArtPlace, which is a coalition of major foundations and the Endowment for the Arts.

Milwaukee and Dallas were the only two "middle country" cities named.  The rest were all on the east or west coast.

Of all the years, of my life, I've lived in Wisconsin, I've never been to Milwaukee except for one time, on a flight from Chicago to La Crosse, we landed in Milwaukee because of icing on the wings.  Never got out of the plane but I can say I've been "on the ground" in Milwaukee.

The most memorable part of that flight was not the emergency landing but the fact that we left Mother stranded at the La Crosse airport, in a slightly "hysterical" condition, until we, finally, made it into La Crosse around midnight on a flight that was supposed to arrive around 6 P.M.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER