AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, January 08, 2013

I hate to tell you folks but I'll be leaving you, AGAIN, for a couple of days.  Even though I've been on line, I still have the virus I picked up and I'm forced to get on through an involved and cumbersome method to work around the virus.  I can get on line but there are a number of things that don't work.

So, the plan is that I'm going to give the computer to Rita, today, and she's going to take it to MCS Networks in Holmen to see if they can get the virus out and the computer working, correctly, again.

I don't know how long it will take to fix it or when Rita can get it back to me but keep checking and I'll be back on line as soon as possible.

This all reminds me of a joke about the geeks who fix "miserable machines" like computers.

"Salary Theorem" states that "Engineers and Scientists can never earn as much as Business Executives and Sales People and Politicians." This theorem can now be supported by a mathematical equation based on the following two postulates: 1. Knowledge is Power. 2. Time is Money.

As every engineer knows: Power = Work / Time Since: Knowledge = Power Time = Money It follows that: Knowledge = Work/Money. Solving for Money, we get: Money = Work / Knowledge. Thus, as Knowledge approaches zero, Money approaches infinity, regardless of the amount of work done. Conclusion: The less you know,the more you make.

(Think of the congressmen in Washington who set their own salaries, vacation days and retirement benefits.)

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER