AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, October 12, 2012

IS INSOMNIA CONTAGIOUS?

Yesterday, when we had breakfast, RITA said, "I didn't sleep well last night".

Guess what.  I can't sleep tonight but I can't blame Rita.  I never had trouble sleeping until now.  It's a common problem for people with kidney disease.

They say (I think unless I made it up) that the best thing to do, if you can't sleep, is to get up for a while and then go back to bed and try again.  It has now been "a while" so I'll go back to bed and see what happens.

American Naturalist and writer, Joseph Wood Krutch said, "Cats are rather delicate creatures and they are subject to a good many different ailments, but I have never heard of one who suffered from insomnia."

He is so right.  Thunder sleeps most of the day and prowls most of the night so he's delighted when I can't sleep.  He gets some extra, and unexpected, "playtime".

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER