AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Another day.  Another billion brain cells gone:  I had chicken in the oven.  I put water on the stove to make some rice.  I walked away to do a couple of things, came back and no boil yet.  I stood there and looked at it, like a fool.  Walked away..did a few more things.   Came back.  No boil.

This went on for, at least 5 minutes or more.  I had never seen it take that long for water to boil.  I started to panic, thinking something was wrong with the stove.  Maybe it was just that burner?  Maybe I should try another?  I had to do something or the chicken would be done before the rice was.

I finally thought to look down and, immediately, saw the problem.  Let me tell you,  it takes forever to boil water if you don't turn the stove on.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER