AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I NEVER WANTED TO BE OLD

It's all just as miserable as I thought it would be.

These bandages have to stay on for a week.  I won't be tempted to take them off earlier because they are SEWED onto my face!!!

I have to go back in a week and they'll take them off.  In the meantime I can't take a shower and I can't shampoo my hair.  If you think I look bad now, wait until you see me after a week without shower and shampoo.

The doctor cut a pretty big chunk out of my ear and then did a skin graft that will, hopefully, make me look reasonably normal again.

The best news was that they got all the cancer out.  This, I learned, is very common condition for older people.  But the good news was that for a person my age, he says my skin is in much better condition than most.  I find that hard to believe after looking at this picture.
FROM THE FILES OF THE FBI

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER