AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

RAINDROPS

The rain is raining all around,
It falls on field and tree,
It rains on the umbrellas here,
And on the ships at sea.

Robert Louis Stevenson wrote that and it came to me, this morning, when I heard the raindrops hitting the windows.  That sound makes it official.  I HAVE SPRING FEVER!

The fact that it was rain, and not snow, and the temperature was above freezing, meaning it was water and not ice, filled my head with thoughts of the tulips that will soon follow.

The HIGH WILL BE NEAR 40 TODAY and, as the sun goes down, we could see a few flakes of snow but the weather man says "no accumulation".

That's a forecast that spells "early spring" if I ever heard one.  And, it just gets better.  Tomorrow the sun will return.

I always think of Mother when this time of year rolls around.  We have lost so many, from our family, during the months of spring, and she always said, "If we can just make it through the spring, we'll be all right."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER