AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I'M GLAD I WENT WHEN I DID!

I was interested in an article from Lonely Planet that lists the 10 "best buys" in travel these days.

One of the places, on the list is IQUITOS, PERU  which, by the way, is the largest city in the world that is unreachable by road.  Since the city is in the middle of the Amazon Rain Forest you fly in or come up the river, by boat, or you don't go at all.

The article says a visit to Iquitos can cost up to $3500 per person.  I've been to Iquitos and it sure didn't cost me $3500.  Of course, I was there in the dark ages when you could live a year on $3500.00.  I'm glad I went when I did.  Anyway, read the article.  There are other fun places to visit, in the year to come, that are a lot closer to home.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER