AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, December 09, 2011

HOUSTON ISN'T THE ONLY CITY SEEING MORE CRIME

THIS COMES FROM DONNIE


The following is provided by the Hays County Sheriff's Office, who received this information from a Hays Co. resident:


Resident - -
“….I wanted to make the HOA aware of a door flyer (see attached) that was hung on my door.  You may already be aware of this, but I wanted to send it along, as I was unaware of this scam and wanted the entire neighborhood to be aware of it.
I found the attached flyer on my door today (12/5/2011).  I was home ALL day, so no one rang my door, but simply hung the flyer.  I researched the Austin phone number online and found that it appears to be being hung by a group of people that are "casing" neighborhoods, looking to rob houses. 
You will notice that the flyer does not have any real company name, nor any real information about what the flyer pertains to.  From what I can gather on the web, if you call the number (andit is recommended that people do NOT call the number), the person at the other end of the line implies it is related to a book of coupons they want to send you, but they ask if you are interested in a security system.  A number of people said they indicated they did not want a security system and they were robbed (burglarized) soon afterward.
From what I can gather, this scam started in Arizona and is not being perpetrated in Texas.
I hope that you can notify everyone in our neighborhood, either directly, or at least on the HOA web site…”

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER