AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, August 10, 2014

I GOT A NOTE FROM KATHY

"Just listened to 'The Lion Sleeps Tonight' and couldn't wait to tell you that Carl and I had the pleasure of seeing the lead singer, George Staerkel perform at the Arizona Opry along with his wife, Brenda Barleen.
 
He's still just as talented and what a musician.  He played several different instruments and sang all of his songs from the past.".

Here's another Token's song I love and I'll bet he sang this one for Carl and Kathy too.

And, Carl and Kathy will get a kick out of this.

The "Lion Sleeps Tonight" hit the top 40 charts when I was living in Key West and I remember it playing over and over and over again on the juke box at Sloppy Joe's.  Whenever I hear that song I think of those warm tropical nights in the Keys.
 

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER