AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Sunday, June 29, 2014

DONNIE WAS READING A DIRTY BOOK AND GOT FINED FOR IT

I could write headlines for one of those sleazy papers and get paid for it.  Technically, there's really nothing that isn't true in that line above.  Here's the story.
 

According to Donnie, "I checked out a new book from the library.  I carried the book, back and forth, to several coffee shop hangouts.

One morning I splashed a DROP, literally a drop of hot chocolate on a corner of the closed book leaving a quarter inch blemish on the top edge of the last 300 pages but no stain inside or on the printing.

Upon checking out new books today, the library informed me there was "a problem" with my last return.

I'm creating more narrative than necessary but I'm venting over the fact that the library charged me $33.00 to replace the book though they retired the "damaged" volume into my hands."

Well, all I can say about that little "problem" is, that's what you get for living in those "fancy smanchy" neighborhoods!

I always enter the library trying to look poor and in need of an education in the hope of avoiding those kinds of "nasty incidents".  So far it has worked just fine.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER