AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I WAS SLEEPING LIKE A BABY UNTIL......

There's no such thing as an old man who can sleep through the whole night without getting up, at least once, to pee.
 
I woke up, did what I had to do and crawled back under the covers.  Then I heard it.
Mayo Health Systems army of snow plows were out, in force, removing snow from their acres of parking lots.  For every foot they went forward they went ten feet backward and, of course, that meant they were beeping up a storm.
 
I can understand why they have to beep.  You just know there' s going to be a crowd of folks standing around, in the middle of a parking lot, on a cold winters night, at one o'clock in the morning.
 
You can only lay in bed so long, waiting for the next plow to start beeping, before you give up trying to sleep.
 
So, here I am at 1:00 A.M. trying to decide if I should go to bed and try to sleep again on should I stay up and have another cookie?
 
Might as well have another cookie and pray the snow plow man wears out his damn  beeper.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER