AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, October 07, 2013

THERE'S AN INTERESTING ARTICLE IN THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, THIS MORNING, ON WHICH IS BETTER; THE HUMAN CHECKER AT THE SUPERMARKET OR THE "DO IT YOURSELF" COMPUTER CHECKERS.

YOU CAN READ THE ARTICLE HERE but it's no surprise to me that, in this case, the human is much faster and more accurate than the computer.  That's the reason there are long lines waiting for the human checker while the machines sit there vacant.  I tried the machine once and once was too many times. 

I'm a Gemini.  Gemini's don't tend to deal well with machines.  Donnie can't understand why I have so much trouble with my computer.  The stars are part of the problem and the other part is that I'm not too bright.

1 comment:

det said...

Nobody, NOBODY likes automated phone answering systems either, but that doesn't stop companies from forcing them on us, all so the companies can lower their expenses and raise their profits. It's not about the products and it's not about people--it's all about profit, greed. Customer service is but a memory. And the customers go along with it all.

LA CROSSE WEATHER