AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, September 07, 2013

Got this note from Donnie and I couldn't help but laugh at his frustration.

No household project is ever cheap or easy.

I didn't buy enough sand for the sidewalk, so yesterday noon I called the sand man and ordered more. He promised delivery by 4 p.m. yesterday, so my workers could start early today.  The sand never arrived.

I called the workers to tell them not to come too early. Then I called the sand man to find out about the delivery. 

His truck broke down yesterday, but he'd deliver first thing this a.m. Then my worker called to say he has a truck and would pick up sand himself on the way to our place. Great--I save a delivery charge. 

Ten minutes later he calls back to report his truck, too, is not starting! So I call the sand man back and ask him again to deliver. He reports he as now sent his truck off on another job. 

I sit and wait.


No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER