AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

HOT AND COLD

I have a terrible time during these hot spells.  It's not the heat that bothers me...it's the air conditioning.  I hope Paul will forgive me but I absolutely despise air conditioning.  Always have.  Always will.

I know I was born and raised in colder climes but I was never made for it.  The closer I get to the equator the better I feel.

Of course I get hot.  The sun shines through my windows all morning and, at five stories up there are no trees to filter it.  I have to turn the A/C on and keep the shades down.  But, I can only stand it for about 15 minutes before I'm shaking so hard I can't hold the coffee cup so I turn the A/C off.  So, it goes on all day.  On again, off again.  And don't tell me to turn the A/C down.  I have it down as low as it will go and I'm still freezing.

I think the reason I don't like to go to the movies, besides the fact that you don't get it unless you have the mind of a 13 year old and I don't like sitting in a cracker box, is that they keep those theaters so cold I feel like I'm hanging on a hook in a meat locker.

I think God made the breeze and the shade under the apple tree.  It was the devil that made air conditioning......and meat lockers.

And, one more thing.  It's 84 in my living room this morning and I'm just as comfortable as I can be.

1 comment:

det said...

We have a friend Deirdre here in Austin--where the temp goes over 100 with miserable frequency--who has never had air conditioning, and boasts of it. Her small home is covered by trees, and she simply leaves the windows open. My Linda, on the other hand, keeps two ACs going all day, and often I have to put on long sleeves indoors, when it is 100+ outside. And we are planning another Ac in the garage. So Paul and his colleagues have nothing to fear from Deirdre and Doug, as long as they have Linda...and global warming.

LA CROSSE WEATHER