AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, January 21, 2013

Kidney disease is highlighted in the La Crosse Tribune this morning.

Being a kidney disease patient, myself, I found the article interesting.  Especially since the gentleman featured in the article is very close to my age, although his disease is more advanced than mine.

Kidney disease strikes so many Americans that I hope you'll click here to read the article.


I'm one of the lucky ones.  My annual medical check-up caught the problem at an early enough stage so that I'm able to get treatment to prolong the failure of my own kidneys and, hopefully, add a few years to my life.  But regular medical checkups is the key.

The problem with kidney disease is that there are no obvious symptoms until the very advanced stages when it's too late to do much about it.  There is no cure for kidney disease but catching it early can add some time to your life.

So, the best advice I can give is regular checkups and watch what you eat!  Unfortunately, our American diet is the perfect diet for the destruction of your kidneys.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER