AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Saturday, November 17, 2012

CRUISING ALONG

Friends of Donnie and Linda asked them if they'd like to join them on a cruise to Alaska.  Donnie asked me and a couple other of their friends what we thought of that idea.

I said,  "I have always said Wisconsin is too far north for me.  I wouldn't go another block north for any attraction.

When I hear the word "cruise", the only mental picture I get is of old pot-bellied men standing next to a blue haired old woman wondering what time they'll be serving the next "free" meal."

Donnie and Linda's first friend said, "Cruising is like being placed in a swanky nursing home, where the illusion is created that your every need is met and your ever wish granted, when in reality it's confinement, no matter how you slice it."

And, the second friend said, "I hated the crowds, loathed the experience.  I could send you an entire inflammatory rant against cruising.  I hated the regimentation, I hated the artificiality of it."

To cruise or not to cruise.  After those three opinions, it will be interesting to see what Donnie and Linda decide.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER