AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DONNIE IS LEAKING

Poor Donnie had just an all-around lousy day.  He reports, "My cardiologist says my heart is working well, however the more specific problem, a leaky valve, has gotten a bit worse.  Like your kidney disease, leaky valves come in various stages.  My leak has gone from "slight" to "moderate".  The doc considers this still too soon to require intervention but the trend is definitely negative.  But, they tend to get worse slowly and it could be five years or more before a moderate leak becomes critical."

Well, there you go.  Five years or more and he'll be close to my age now.  By then, if he follows my pattern, he'll have leaks everywhere and what doesn't leak will be clogged.

As far as I'm concerned, this old age thing really sucks.  George Carlin said, "The older you get the better you realize you were."  And, author Mary Pettibone Poole wrote, "There are no old people nowadays.  They are either 'wonderful for their age' or dead."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER