AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, October 22, 2012

AN OLDIE BUT A GOODIE

Got a new bar in town. Sign outside says Old Timers Bar - ALL drinks 10 cents. I had to check it out. The old bartender says "Come on in and let me pour one for you! What will it be?" I ordered something complicated, to test the 10-cent offer, a martini. In no time the bartender served it up.

"That'll be 10 cents, please."

I had to ask, "How can you afford to serve martinis as good as these for a dime a'piece?"

"I'm a retired tailor, from Phoenix," he says. "I always wanted to own a bar and last year I hit the Lottery jackpot for $125 million; decided to open this place, always had this dream to offer real bargains. Every drink costs a dime. Wine, liquor, beer--it's all the same."

But I noticed seven other people at the end of the bar who didn't have any drinks and hadn't ordered anything the whole time I'd been there. I asked the bartender, "What's with them?"

"They're retired people from Wisconsin. They're waiting for Happy Hour when drinks are half price."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER