AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Thursday, June 14, 2012

DONNIE ON TWEETS:

Got a vitamin pill stuck in my throat this morning.

That sounds like a tweet. 

I still don't understand tweeting. But Steve Martin does. At library yesterday I picked up his new, short book of his own tweets, and some replies. He, of course, tweets as an act, as a professional performance, as material for this book...as income! But it is a short and funny book, and I read it all in little more than an hour, as I toured four of Austin's "independent coffee shops" yesterday. These are locally-owned (that is, non-Starbucks) hangouts, and homes to the collections of weird characters that are a large part of Austin's fame. (Of course every city and even small town is full of odd characters, but Austin makes "weird" into a city slogan.)

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER