AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

THE GOOD GUYS

I complain about poor service, maybe too much, but I like to praise good service when I get it too.  Having spent so many years in the service industry I know how difficult it is to find people who are good and well trained in providing service.  I also am well aware of how expensive, for the company, good customer service is.

That being said, my GOOD SERVICE AWARD OF THE DAY GOES TO WALGREEN'S.

I have been using Walgreen's for my medical prescriptions for years and have always gotten excellent service.  For the first time, however, I had a problem with a prescription today and I absolutely DREADED getting on the phone and being put on hold forever and ever and ever and ever for someone to come back to me (and there are times when they never do!).

Today, I went to their website, which I use frequently, to check the status of my prescriptions, and I noticed that they had an internet "chat room" that you could use to have questions answered concerning my prescriptions.

I decided to try it.  AMAZING.  I began typing in my problem and, almost before I was through, a service rep was on line with me and ready to help. I explained the problem, he checked my records and got right back to me with an answer. The entire exchange was addressed and fixed within two mintues.  Now, THAT'S CUSTOMER SERVICE.

If you ever have a problem, give it a try!  It beats the phone by a mile!

At my age there aren't a lot of moments left and I don't intend to spend any more moments than absolutely necessary hanging on a phone listening to elevator music or worse yet listening to "commercials" about how great their company is while you get more and more steamed by their, obvious, lack of concern for your time.

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER