AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, March 05, 2012

PAUL SAW THE PICTURE OF FRIEND AND MICHELLE AND WROTE DONNIE

"Tell him to keep his feet off the table!"

DONNIE REPLIED

"Funny you would notice the feet thing.  You sound like a parent.

It does remind me of a coincidental U.S. Army experience of my own.  I was in language training at the Presidio of Monterrey.  I was off duty, in the the barracks lounge, reading a book.

I was stretched out in a chair, my feet on the coffee table.  An officer walked in and barked, "Terpstra, get your feet off that table.  Do you do that at home?"  I sheepishly said, "No, Sir" and obeyed the order.

But, of course, I lied.  Yes, I did put my feet up at home--that's what homes are for--but not in the army."

And the "feet thing" reminded me of FUNNY FEET  from the 1980's.  Wonder if they still make them?

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER