AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Friday, December 02, 2011

A NOTE FROM DONNIE REMINDS OF THE TIME....

This actually happened, one day, at Quillan's.  They had one aisle devoted to nothing but potato chips.  Dill pickle chips, taco chips, cream cheese chips, etc.  I walked up and down that aisle four or five times and I never did find a single bag of potato chips that tasted just like...potato chips.

Anyway, Donnie says.....


"At least Christmas brings a better round of commercials than the relentless medicine and insurance ads that bombard us the rest of the year.  On my way home I heard a car ad for "cheese accoutrements." 

Earlier today I stopped at a coffee shop and ordered green tea.  "Will that be citrus green tea or tropical coconut green tea or China green tips green tea or..."  Excuse me, I interrupt, but can I get just plain green tea?  "I'm not sure we have that."  Now, again, this is right out of Bob & Ray.  In one segment of their restaurant review series they are trying Bernie's Pushcart on the Green, in Central Park.  Bob is reporting Bernie's countless variations on the hot dog, including the "Hot Dog Chateaubriand, for two."  Ray says "I suppose you can also get just the regular hot dog with mustard and relish," to which Bob predictably replies, "No, I don't believe you can."  Once it was a joke; now it's daily life in America."

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER