AUGUST 2014

AUGUST 2014

Monday, November 21, 2011

WORLD HELLO DAY

I have to say something that you may not like but I have to say it anyway.   I have lived in a lot of places, Sioux Falls, Armour, Marion, Rapid City, Minneapolis, San Francisco, Deadwood, Key West, Edinburg, Houston and here..and I may have missed one or two.

Of all those places, it's only here, that when I pass someone on the street or in the hallway of my very own apartment building, I say hello.  Most of the time they walk by as though I don't even exist.  The rest of the time they glare and give me a look as if to say, "If you dare to speak to me one more time I will kill you."

If it was just the young kids I would understand how they feel about old people.  I felt that way when I was young too.  But here, little old ladies refuse to acknowledge my hello, just like the kids.

I first I thought it was just me.  Then, when I worked at the hotel, I talked with people who had moved here from other places.  They have ALL had the same experience.

What's up with that?  I have no idea but I will continue to say hello, every time I pass someone, just because I know it pisses them off and ruins their day.

HAPPY HELLO DAY!

No comments:

LA CROSSE WEATHER